Paul Davids crafted a base groove that was fun and catchy, then invited 10 legendary musicians to improvise on the riff.
Everyone was invited to provide some details on how they approached their take on the riff and explain the gear they used to make their version.
It’s a great way to gain insight into the creative process and techniques used by master guitarists.
The tones used to shape the sound, pacing, and picking techniques can literally transform the feel of the song. The results make our skin tingle!
Follow the artists who participated in this fun guitar experiment
All of the musicians who participated in Paul’s project publish regularly on YouTube, you can follow them via the links included below. We’ve also included jump links to take you to their specific segment in the featured video.
- Tim Pierce Guitar – featured at 0:53 in the video
- Samurai Guitarist – 3:15 mark
- Rick Beato – 5:39
- Rhett Shull – 8:12
- Pete Thorn – 10:52
- Music is Win – 13:50
- Peter Honoré, aka “Danish Pete” – 16:25
- Daniel “TheGigRig” Steinhardt – 19:11
- Ben Levin – 22:31
- Chris Buck – 25:14
- Paul Davids – 29:01 (Paul proved that every list goes to 11, and helped to close out the series)